Composite Molybdenum Boride – Cobalt Chrome Non-Stick Coating.
- Molybdenum Boride coatings offer good resistance to high temperature, erosion and sliding wear.
- Our HVAFMolybdenum Boride composite coating has excellent non-stick properties at high temperature applications.
- The anti-stick coating is inert to molten metals (Zinс, Zinc-Aluminum, Aluminum, etc.).
Molybdenum-based composite powder (Molybdenum/NiCr and Molybdenum/CoCr) deposited on SKD 61 (AISI – H-13) substrates used as a preferred die (mold) material (khan Pt. al 2011). The durability of these coatings on cylindrical specimens against soldering has also been investigated by immersing them in molten aluminium alloy (ADC-12) for 25 hours at 670 ˚c.
Molybdenum based cermet powder (Molybdenum / NiCr and Molybdenum/CoCr) deposited on SKD 61 (AISI – H-13) substrates used as a preferred die (mould) material (khan Pt. al 2011). The durability of these coatings on cylindrical specimens against soldering has also been investigated by immersing them in molten aluminium alloy (ADC-12) for 25 hours at 670 ˚c
The Composition of Molybdenum Boride Anti-Stick Coating
Stock Material: Agglomerated and sintered MoB-CoCr powder
Nominal composition of metal anti-stick coating:
|Total boron||8.0 – 8.5 wt|
|Cobalt||25 – 28% wt|
MoB-CoCr Anti-Stick Coating Properties
|apparent metallographic porosity||<1.5%|
|bond strength to carbon steel (@ 500 microns ):||)70 MPa (10,000 PSI)|
|Typical as sprayed roughtness Ra:||2-3.2μm|
|Maximum coating thickness||750micros|
|Maximum working temperature||900°C|
Micrograph of Molybdenum Boride – Cobalt Chrome Coating
Typical Applicationsof Molybdenum Boride Anti-Stick Coatings
- Oil well drillings.
- Die casting parts.
- Continuous Galvanising Lines parts.
- Galvanising bath parts.
- Sink rolls etc
Research of Composite Anti-Stick Coatings
- Laboratory research has shown that boride based thermal spray coating meets the above requirements for temperature above 900˚F. Immersion tests have demonstrated that the MoB based thermal spray coating has much higher durability in the molten Al and Al-Zn alloys than conventional thermal spray tungsten carbide coatings. No damage or dissolution was observed in the MoB based coating after long-term immersion in molten Al-45wt.%Zn alloy. On the other hand conventional cermet and ceramic coatings were damaged due to dissolution or crack generation.
- MoB based cermet materials have excellent durability against the molten aluminum because of the matrix in MoB based coating is a Co-based alloy compared with the pure Co metal matrix in the tungsten carbide coatings. This inertness of the matrix may be the reason for the higher erosion resistance of the MoB based coating.
Endurance Wear Solutions Llp HVAF thermal spray composite MoB anti-stick coatings at our spray shop in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Call us or send an inquiry to get our best price.
- A Novel Thermal Spray Coating for Galvanizing Rolls.
Ram K. Iyengar, Ph.D., Technovations International Inc.