Hard Chrome Replacement HVOF &HVAF Coating Shop in Mumbai, India
- Electrolytic hard chrome (EHC) which is still widely used in the printing, automotive and power industries is coming under strong restriction in spite of the use of hazardous hexavalent chromium with the increasing strengthening of international normative.
- The market needs eco-friendly and long-lasting coatings like tungsten carbide or inexpensive stainless coating to fight corrosive environments.
- Several teams in the USA and Europe made substantial effort to replace EHC with eco-friendly HVOF coatings at the beginning of XXI century.
- Compared to conventional HVOF process which pioneered the development of WC- based coated materials, newly developed HVAF technologies are processing higher kinetic energy at the lower temperature which significantly reduces feedstock oxidation and carburization, further increasing respective wear and corrosion resistance properties.
Endurance coating shield effect
- HVAF sprayed coatings, both tungsten carbide and stainless steel are gas-tight at 30-50 microns thickness. What is even more important, they are smooth-as-sprayed. With roughness of 1-1,5 µm Ra, we need much less effort (and costs) to grind or super-finish the sprayed coating.
- The coatings are deposited with heavy feed rates, and adjoining areas can be welded with buffer layer.
- HVAF coatings are superior to HVOF and EHC rivals in corrosion protection, wear resistance and production cost. The high velocity of the in-flight particle (700 – 1000m/s) in HVAF process enables the production of very dense coatings with high bond strength (ASTM 633C bond test ).
- The low combustion spraying temperature (1960-2010ºC depending on fuel gas) and gentle particles heating lead to minimal feedstock phase transformation and almost non-existent elemental depletion/decomposition of the in-flight particles.
- The replacement of pure oxygen in the HVAF process by using air in the HVAF significantly reduces the oxides content in the coatings which is desirable for high-performance coatings.
Other Hard Chrome Plating Alternatives.
Numerous studies of HVAF sprayed Fe-based coatings have shown their high corrosion resistance in different environments such as acid, alkaline, and chloride solutions. High-quality microstructures with low oxide content, high retention of the powder chemistry and low porosity have been reported and make this family of coatings suitable as a low-cost hard chrome replacement in many applications.
Repair of chrome plated parts in Maharashtra
We repair chrome-plated parts in our shop in Mumbai. We annihilate the chrome coating completely, spray brand-new wear and corrosion resistant EnduroMax coating on top of it, grind and polish the surface. After several days you get a part with the coating that works better than the original one.
Discover the benefits of the new HVAF Chrome Alternative EnduroMax Coatings
Speak to us about your HVOF/HVAF requirements.
Click here for the application form
Get quotes for specific coatings