HVOF Cr3C2–NiCr, Chromium Carbide Coating in India
- HVAF and HVOF chromium carbide coatingsfight elevated temperature (up to 750˚C) wear due to the high wear resistance provided by the hard carbide content and the high temperature oxidation nature.
- Cr3C2 – NiCr coating’s properties are significantly influenced by the thermal spray process and parameters.
- Higher particle velocities and tightly controlled temperature of HVAF process produce dense coatings with improved toughness and homogeneous coating structure.
- These dense, hard metal chromium carbide coatings show tremendous improvements in the ability to prevent corrosive media penetration into the substrate material.
- Chromium carbide coatings are frequently used at an elevated temperature where tungsten carbide coating does not work. The premium property of this coating is that it remains ductile even at the temperature above 600˚C.
- The melting point of Cr3С2 feedstock is well below the combustion temperature in HVAF process which eliminates the possibility of carbides dissolutions into the NiCr matrix during the coating process. As a result no precipitation of carbide within the NiCr matrix happen during thermal spraying of HVAF coatings.
- In some low-quality HVOF coatings the temperature in the combustion reaches the melting point of the carbides which infuses with the NiCr causing brittleness and failure at elevated temperature.
Cr3C2-NiCr Feedstock Properties
Agglomerated and sintered powder
|Chrome||4.5-5.5 (in metal phase)|
HVAF Chromium Carbide Coating Properties
|Apparent metallographic porosity, %||<1.0|
|Bond strength to carbon steel (@50 µm thickness), PSI (MPa)||10,000 (70)|
|Coating hardness, HV300||950-1,100|
|Typical as-sprayed roughness Ra, microns||2-3|
|maximum coating thickness, mm||1|
|maximum working temperature, °C||750|
HVAF Chromium Carbide Coating
Shield of Endurance Impact
- Impact and fatigue resistance are good.
- Thermal shock resistance are excellent.
- Elevated temperature corrosion resistance are good.
- Low stress and porosity Leeds to substaintional increased your service
life by HVAF coatings. Cr3c2- Nicr coating in comparison with HVOF.
Typical Applications of Chrome Carbide Coatings in India
- Pump Impellers.
- Ball valve and seats.
- Piston rings.
- Hard chrome alternative in hydraulic components.
- Boiler tubes in power generation
Did you know?
- The CrC-Wc-M is quite a new material developed to combine the properties of Wc-CoCr and CrC-NiCr cermet powders.
- They are used extensively to decrease the friction coefficient between various sliding components and to improve corrosion resistance in many industries.
Endurance Wear Solutions Llp thermal spray HVAF and HVOF Chrome Carbide coatings at our spray shop in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Call us or send an inquiry to get our best price.